Thursday, January 24, 2008

For He is God and I will YET praise him.
you know, when disappointment sets in, it's so difficult to remember that God is in control
But I know that he is.
And regardless of what the world may say,
I will YET praise him.

O level results.
It was AWFUL being register number FORTY
it's at times like this that i wish i could be EUNICE YIP XINYI and not YIP XINYI EUNICE
anyway. I waited for ages, and survived watching the screams and tears, the laughter and the cheers...
yes. my heart beat DID get faster and fasterandfasterandfasterandfasterandfasterandfaster
especially after yang got her results (SEVEN)
then.
it was MY turn.
Oh boy. it was so anti-climax.
I reached the table and suddenly miss lizah's phone CHOSE TO RING.
and she said Oh sorry. you've gotta hold on for a while. It's my mother calling.
and i was like. HURRY UP ALREADYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the suspense is/was killing me.
so FINALLY, i got my results slip and form A.
i peeked at my results slip. The ALPHABET column.
and i was like WHOO!
a whole list of As! not bad:)
and then my eyes did a double take to the NUMBERS column.
and my heart PLUMMETED.
basically, they were As. but they were A2S
and then my tear glands started to become overworked.
it was like a fountain that couldn't stop leaking.
and i basically RIPPED open form A to look at my L1R5
I got 9. NINE.
after an 8 during the prelims, a NINE looked awfully despondent.
seriously, I got distinctions for everything. JUST that they're all A2 distinctions.
A1 for english was seriously pleasant. cause i thought i ruined my essay ( by the way I wrote on heroes)
A1 for ss/geog was also pleasant. though it meant that i was just another statistic for LKC to brag about. BUT. it's my results and work. so she doesn't deserve credit.
A1 for emaths was a relief
especially when i saw an
A2 for A maths. which made me start to cry all over again.especially since i was so confident of getting a 1 for it.
A2 for history was A BIG SURPRISE. i expected a 2 since the malayan paper was terrible
A2 for Chem. Quite relieved. but still....
A2 for Bio. Sorely disappointed. I expected a 1.



you know. the point in saying all this. is that regardless of all my disappointments.
i know that God is in total control and HE is watching over me.
I know that there's a purpose for my scores.
because he's not limited by human limitations
if he wanted me to get a Six he could have EASILY done it
so there's a lesson to be learnt from my nine.
it just remains to be seen if i've learnt my lesson.
basically, i think i've gotta learn humility.
a person whos constantly successful, it's difficult to be humble.
so it takes defeat to learn humility.
and also. to not be complacent after excellent results.
which was what happened to me.
and in all things God works for the good of those who love him and obey his commandments.



i just hope i can stay in NJ.
cause it's a lovely school. the people are wonderful and the atmosphere is great.
those are terrrible adjectives.
BUT. i love NJ. lots.
it's a borderline case i know.
but i'll trust that God knows what he is doing.
cause i really don't want to be uprooted.

ohh. I'm in NJ choir.
i'm quite sheepish about that:)
especially since i was the one who vehemently insisted that i'll never ever join choir again
wellllllll here i am.
in choir
AGAIN.
but, i guess Jc choir is totally diff from sec sch.
it's more fun lah.



SALES PITCH!
i'm selling MOCHI.
1 box for 2.50.
please contact me ASAP if you want to buy it
thanks:)



08S17! love you guys. hope we don't get splitted up:)
oh and happy birthday derek:)


NJ cheers:)

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
NJC! we do our best we always will to serve to strive and not to yield NJC all the way, all the way NJC!




4321!
listen to our heartbeat!
bom bom bom bom bom
bom bom bom bom bom
bom bom bom bom bom
NJC AW!
bom bom bom bom bom
bom bom bom bom bom
bom bom bom bom bom
NJC AW!
4321
listen to our heart BEAT!









my heart beats in time with yours. let me stay, please?

No comments: