Monday, December 08, 2008

the prodigal child returns

I'm back from an extremely relaxing trip in batam(:
i just realised that the only photos i have are of me on the first day...
when i was still staying with my family
and i was still near my camera loving sister.
then when i moved in with debbie charlotte claudia, the photos stopped!
okay, maybe uncle yoong huat has some more photos of me
but, well, they're with himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!


me with a lovely CHOCOLATE donut!

me and elaine.hmm.maybe we DO look alike


advanced party in the CROWDED mini van
Here I am, Oh God I bring this sacrifice
my open heart I offer up my life.
I look to You, Lord Your love that never ends
Restores me again
So I lift my eyes to you, Lord In Your strength will I break through, Lord Touch me now, let your love fall down on me And I will be complete in You.
Here I am, Oh God I bring this sacrifice
my open heart I offer up my life.
I look to You, Lord Your love that never ends
Restores me again
So I lift my eyes to you Lord And by faith, I will walk on, Lord. Then I'll see beyond my calvary one day, And I will be complete in you
this song really really really touched me during the camp.
after uncle chee meng's message...which perhaps played a part
if you could use one word to describe my feelings before i went to the camp, it would be 'lonely'
i felt so alone and empty, like God left me or something, although i know it's not it, but thats the way i felt, like really really low.
the message was a God sent. seriously, somehow in the pessimisticness of the whole message i felt, hey, there are people who actually understand what i'm going through.
God actually wants to restore me back to him.
he still wants me.
and i'm so awed by his grace to me, throughout the entire year of 2008
many other fun things happened during the camp silly stuff
like the time i rambled rubbish to debbie before sleeping
or the time in the pool games when angela and i spent the entire time laughing at the adults trying to dunk each other and fighting in the pool,
or the time when claudia asked us if the theme of the camp was 'apiece and bull' (by the way, it was arise and build)
the camp made me realise, how i long for christian friends, close bosom friends who share the same beliefs as me. people whom i can confide in.
i mean, i love my school friends, but i need some one to walk my spiritual walk with me...



No comments: