Sunday, November 09, 2008

Are we safe yet?

Just watched this really cool documentary about viruses and epidemics.
It's like, after all the world has been through, we're still facing more and more problems!

It's like, after salvaging the final bits of a disease or virus, suddenly, we find ourselves having to fight against something else that may be a hundred times more devastating and more destructive than what we have just eradicated.

It makes people stop and think, when will this all end? when will we finally be safe?

Not yet, not ever, apparently.

I'm quite glad that Obama won. Only thing i'm afraid is that the higher the hopes, the greater the disappointment. While I'm pretty sure that he is a fresh breath of air to the Americans, I guess we can only know for sure if he is more beneficial than his predecessor, in a few years time, when his policies actually come into place.

woohoo. this is a pretty serious post.
as my mum would say, one of my 'essays'. but then again, everyone has their serious days when they take stock of the world.

since I can't voice out my opinions due to the missing four teeth in my mouth, I have a lot more time on my hands to think(:
that probably accounts for this almost meditative spirit of mine, on world issues.

My sis' O levels are almost over. Can't believe that not too long ago,I was taking my O levels too.
This year has really gone by, way way way too fast.
I'm not really ready for 2009, but I guess I'll have to be, since it's coming, whether I'm ready or not!

AND. I'm proud to say that the gunners have fought with the men of United, and have PREVAILED! hahaha(:

No comments: